Monday, May 1, 2017

Noble Sin

"We are tempted not with the worst of sins but the noblest; to take things into our own hands rather than to burden God with our circumstances."

I don't know who is quoted above, I saw it on Facebook.  The truth of it hit me so hard that I've been thinking about it for months now.  I thought about all the times I tried and failed several times before I would turn to God in prayer because I had no other option.  I did not avoid my God out of malice or because I felt Him incapable.  I was taught that you should try everything that you know how to do, work hard and figure it out before you ask for help.

Not very long ago, I made a rash decision out of desperation.  Even though I knew, that something was off.  I didn't feel like it was the best option, but at the time, I felt like it was my only option.  I should have listened to the check in my spirit.  I should have prayed, I should have waited.  The situation worked out (kind of, we are still paying for/fighting that battle), but I can't help but wonder what would have happened had I waited on the Lord.

For me, I think, this goes deeper than just forgetting to call on the Lord.  It's more that I don't want to bother Him; He has enough to do, right!?!?! Why do I sometimes feel as if I am being a bother?  I feel this way in my personal relationships as well.  I do not inquire about the happenings of the people around me because I don't want to bother them.  I do not want to find out that I am not invited, and I will not invite myself (that's rude).  I figure if I was wanted, I would be invited?  IDK.  I've never been fantastic at managing friendships.

SO... this is what I should know, that obviously I still do not KNOW KNOW.  I am not a burden.  The Lord repeated asks us to come.  He wants relationship.  There are sooo many scriptures, sooo many lessons that I have heard about God being a good father.  He takes care of us.  He asks us to come.  He wants us to come to Him.

Matt. 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

1 Jn. 5:14 "This is the confidence we have when approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."