Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Rosy Encouragement

The other day my mom sent me this encouraging text.  I didn't really need it at the time but I have been thinking about it quite a lot lately.
She said, "The rose is beautiful on the outside but it is from the inner heart that the fragrance comes from.  You hold the perfume of God within you"  My name of course is Kaloni Rose meaning "heavenly rose"  so this means a lot to me.  It's also motivation to let the fragrance of the Lord radiate out from my life.  It is a reminder that my life affects those around me.  It reminds me that not only my actions but my thoughts can have to power to change a situation.  

"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."- Luke 6:45



"Kind hearts are the garden, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the blossoms, kind deeds are the fruits" - John Ruskin (saying on my recipe box)

"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." - Dr. Seuss (Ok, so this is a bit of a stretch for a fitting quote, but this is when the Grinch discovers that its all about the heart)