Sunday, March 20, 2016

Papa's Heart

Last week was a bit of a challenge.  Between school and work and kids, I had to take Steve to Kentucky so that he could be with his family.  My father-in-law found out that he needed a quadruple bypass surgery.  After getting back home that evening, I took myself and one of my daughters to the clinic only to find out that we both had strep.

I'm thankful that I couldn't stay in the hospital long when visiting Don, very thankful that I didn't get him sick.

As per usual, school always seems to seep into my life, or maybe it's the other way around.  My assignment this week was to write a haiku.

In this waiting room
Here, waiting waiting waiting
Worried sick waiting

Clean room, skilled hands work
Doctors mending Papa's heart
Will everything be ok?

Tick tock tick tock time
Keep my mind on something else
Worry never helps

Update:  Don only needed a triple by-pass and he was home after only 3 nights.  He is doing well!!